The Indigenous Peoples’ Commission – Northwest Territories (IPCNWT) will hold a General Meeting;
- Date: November 16th, 2017
- Where: Stanton Suites Hotel (Nova Court), Conference Room, located at 476 Range Lake Rd,Yellowknife, NT X1A 3Z3 (Map here)
- Time: Immediately following the Northwest Territories Federal Liberal Association General Meeting to be held in the same location at 7pm
The following IPCNWT positions will be up for election for a two-year term:
- Chipewyan Representative
- Dogrib Representative
- Yellowknives Representative
- South Slavey Representative
- North Slavey Representative
- Gwich’in Representative
- Sahtu Dene Representative
- Inuvialuit Representative
- Métis Representative
All Registered Indigenous Liberals of the Liberal Party of Canada residing in the Northwest Territories (First Nation, Métis and Inuit) are eligible to run for these positions and to cast their on-line vote for contested positions, provided that;
- their intention to stand is submitted on-line by Thursday, November 1st, 2017, 11:59pm local time, by completing this form.
- they are registered as an Indigenous Liberal by November 8th at 11:59PM local time.
In the event of a contest for positions on the IPCNWT executive, an online vote will be held to fill the positions. The online vote will take place in advance of the General Meeting date. This is a pilot project using a recently acquired online voting system. Additional instructions to follow in the event of contested positions.
Please note that nominations from the floor at the General Meeting will not be accepted and any positions remaining vacant following the General Meeting shall be appointed by the IPCNWT executive.
This is an opportune time to get involved with the IPCNWT as we prepare for the LPC Biennial Policy Convention in Halifax in April 2018 and the 2019 federal election.
National IPC Vice-Chair, Organization and Membership
Chair, IPC-CPA Appointments Sub-Committee